Onkyo4k Online Sharing Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Use IDM for download from google drive

XuanXit

Super Moderator
Staff member
1. login google account in Web browser (recommend using chrome), then go to: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/2/shared-drives

Example you want to download:

=> search file name: Yjr Trzov 1997 1080a SBV FYD-JF QS 5.1 in Onkyo folder

2. select all files then select " Make a copy "

3. Go to My drive and select each file => select " Download "

Note: when finished download remember to delete file in "My drive" and in "Trash" to free up google storage.

If you have a better way, please comment here, thanks

Last edited:

Momolamitraille

VIP Member
Hi guys!

You can still use the old method with Explorer in Windows from GD, you only need to connect to your gmail account where XuanXit gave you the links to Onkyo & Onkyo2 servers. In Windows Explorer you will see "shared disks", if you click on it, you will see Onkyo & Onkyo2. Then you do the simple search and once you find the files you want, you copy and paste them whereever you want in your own personal disk.

I'm downloading right now in fact as I'm typing because I reached my daily limit of download on Uploaded.net. I missed 9 Gb on one movie and I'm getting there surely (I mean, the download is fine).

WhiteShmoo

VIP Member
I use to download straight with explorer in Windows from GD to my physical Drive like a usual file copy ... it always works fine for me !

But thanks for the exemple !
I use the same method, because is simple.

I only noticed a decrease in the speed of searching, copy and paste the files in Google Drive after I updated my computer to Windows 11, but this must be a Windows Explorer problem with Google Drive.

XuanXit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I use the same method, because is simple.

I only noticed a decrease in the speed of searching, copy and paste the files in Google Drive after I updated my computer to Windows 11, but this must be a Windows Explorer problem with Google Drive.
I think because the number of files is too much, (350k files), So Windows Explorer will be delay.
It usually takes me about 5 minutes to find file + ctrl C / ctrl V

but if you do it the above way with a web browser => you will not be delay (suitable for weak computer). The limitation is that you have to click to download each file.

And using keywords to search on the web browser sometimes does not give the exact same results as on Windows Explorer.

In my experience it is so.

daveo76

VIP Member
When I try that. The downloads starts on firefox instead of IDM. I have firefox addon "IDM" installed. My IDM is configured to capture downloads

daveo76

VIP Member
I did get it working with firefox. But after a while whilst it downloading. IDM stops the download and I have to keep refreshing the links on each file on IDM to continue. Also I found out there no need to select "Make a copy". Just select "Download" instead. As when I select "Make a copy". I get a error message saying I don't have enough storage. Since I'm using Gdrive for free.

XuanXit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I did get it working with firefox. But after a while whilst it downloading. IDM stops the download and I have to keep refreshing the links on each file on IDM to continue. Also I found out there no need to select "Make a copy". Just select "Download" instead. As when I select "Make a copy". I get a error message saying I don't have enough storage. Since I'm using Gdrive for free.

Refer to how to download with Jdownloader