Onkyo4k Online Sharing Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to play mkv and ts files with Dolby Vision on Tv with active Dolby Vision ?

angel_of_death

VIP Member
How i can play ts na mkv files including Dolby Vison on my Tv with active Dolby Vision ? If i play demonstration Dolby Vison mp4 it plays amazingly on my Sony Tv with active Dolby Vision. It is possible by internal Sony movie player and too with my nVidia Shield through HDMI. But if i play mkv or ts files with Dolby Vision downloaded from this forum Dolby Vision is not activate it is only HDR. Any idea or manual how it is possible ? Someone here plays mkv or ts file with active Dolby Vision on you TV ?

I tried Gladiator Extended 2000 2160p UHD Blu-ray Remux HEVC DTS-X 7.1 Single Layer DoVi - SumVision and The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring 2001 Extended Edition 2160p UHD Blu-ray HEVC TrueHD 7.1-BOREDOR with no success. Any idea ? Thx for your experiences with playing Dolby Vision on your TV.

Did you know who is the creator of this comments ? :

1.Aquaman 2018 IMAX Edition 2160p UHD Blu-ray HEVC TrueHD Atmos 7.1 Single Layer DoVi - SumVision
"This is only guaranteed to work on the Shield, do not download this then complain it does not work on your LG internal player."

and

2.Crank 2006 2160p UHD Blu-ray Remux HEVC DD+ 7.1 with Dolby Vision
This will direct play Dolby Vision on LG TV's via the native Plex/Xplay apps and also via USB. It plays perfectly on an LG C8. It may work on other TV's but I haven't tested it.
Unfortunately the audio is limited to DD+ to allow Dolby Vision to work. This is because MKV doesn't support Dolby Vision so it has to be packaged in MP4 but MP4 only supports up to DD+. Hopefully someone will figure out how to get Dolby Vision working with MKV soon then Atmos can be muxed in alongside Dolby Vision.

The Guy has experiences. Both post are dead and i can't try it.

Lena

VIP Member
Hello :)
Very tricky question.
A.T.M. only external player which support Dolby Vision + Dolby Atmos for example: Zidoo Z9X, Z10 Pro and Z1000 Pro are able to read Dolby Vision videos + Dolby Atmos audio even from MKV container.
Internal software players - none (a.t.m.)

creator of this comments which you quote is encoder from SumVision both are out of date and remuxes in MP4 format with audio limited to DD+ it's kinda sucks .

angel_of_death

VIP Member
Hello :)
Very tricky question.
A.T.M. only external player which support Dolby Vision + Dolby Atmos for example: Zidoo Z9X, Z10 Pro and Z1000 Pro are able to read Dolby Vision videos + Dolby Atmos audio even from MKV container.
Internal software players - none (a.t.m.)

creator of this comments which you quote is encoder from SumVision both are out of date and remuxes in MP4 format with audio limited to DD+ it's kinda sucks .
Thank you very much. Witch kind of software is used in Zidoo players ? Kodi doesn't play Dolby Vision, VLC too. My external player nVidia Shield support Dolby Vision but i don't know how ? Small Dolby Vision demofiles are in mp4 format and i can play those files via aplication Photos & Videos in my nVidia Shield, but big files mkv, ts even mp4 i can't find in this simply aplication. Other players can play this big files but don' support Dolby Vision.
Yeah DD+ 5.1 sucks, i want always Dolby Atmos or DTS:X 7.1.4 but now I'am looking forward to how I can play alone bare Dolby Vision. HD Audio is next level :).