Onkyo4k Online Sharing Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to play Blu-ray & 4k Disc

Phung

Is it possible to connect a PC with a HomeTheatre Speaker for the best experience, guys? Then can it work with an Atmos-featured file ?

WhiteShmoo

VIP Member
Hi!
Can you play full menu or options of UHD BD with DVDFab Player?

Yes, there is an option on configuration of DVDFab Player that enable full menus, either on UHD or blu-ray.

And there is another option that inicializes direct on movie, if you prefer.

So far, I really enjoying this new version of DVDFab Player.

Sam Smith2

I tend to use remuxed MKV's with Atmos or dtsX also. Save to USB HDD and play them either through LG OLED tv or the XBOX 1 X's Movie & TV app. If the file is an ISO and it wont play on either of these, I remux myself using MakeMKV and strip out the relevant stuff that I dont need. Seems to work so far..

huy30

❤ VIP Lifetime ❤
With DVDFab Player v5.0.5 I had no problem to play blu-ray and UHD ISOs and folders on my PC. Works 100%.

On my TV, i need to purchase a long HDMI cable to test it. I have not tested it yet.

I just paid DVDFab Play 5 Ultra. When I open UHD folder from the player, the player just show black screen. It shows the progress with total movie time but it's not moving. It's the same when I pick UHD MKV (VLC plays this file fine) I
don't have any UHD ISO to try.

It plays BR ISO fine.

When I close the sw, I can not open it again. I have to restart the computer to open it again. I did not try to open Task Manager to end the app there.

My CPU is Intel Skylake with AMD RX 480 graphic. Do I need newer hw to play UHD?

ace71

❤ VIP Lifetime ❤

PowerDVD 17

Code:
http://cyberlink.com/products/powerdvd-ultra/compare-versions_en_AU.html

huy30

❤ VIP Lifetime ❤

PowerDVD 17

Code:
http://cyberlink.com/products/powerdvd-ultra/compare-versions_en_AU.html
PowerDVD 17 does not play UHD folder. Now, it let me browse the Stream folder and play the movie files in there.

ace71

❤ VIP Lifetime ❤

Code:
http://www.aiseesoft.com/blu-ray-player/

If you find the player useful. Please do let us know.
Thanz

huy30

❤ VIP Lifetime ❤

Code:
http://www.aiseesoft.com/blu-ray-player/

If you find the player useful. Please do let us know.
Thanz
This one says that it plays BR disc/folder. It says that it plays 4K video. It doesn't mention about playing UHD disc/folder. I don't want to pay for another player that can't play UHD folder.

metal08

VIP Member
Oppo 203/205 has just released a firmware upgrade, have anyone tried this ? I am concerned if it would disable UHD folder playing.

huy30

❤ VIP Lifetime ❤
My solution for UHD folders from here is to convert to MKV with free software for now.

DJRC

VIP Member
My solution for UHD folders from here is to convert to MKV with free software for now.

Why go to all that trouble?

DVDFab Media Player 3 Pro will do menus, folders, and ISO's.

MPC-BE 64bit doesn't do menus, but will do folders and ISO's. It also has many available settings to use external filters to help with UHD and HDR when using finicky video cards.

Both will do Atmos and DTS:X right out of the box.

WhiteShmoo

VIP Member
Why go to all that trouble?

DVDFab Media Player 3 Pro will do menus, folders, and ISO's.

MPC-BE 64bit doesn't do menus, but will do folders and ISO's. It also has many available settings to use external filters to help with UHD and HDR when using finicky video cards.

Both will do Atmos and DTS:X right out of the box.

Yes, agreed. This is the best way.

Lessismo

1. I extract whatever source content with makeMKV to *.mkv
2. Using Subler I remux it to *.m4v
3. I read it with iTunes or AppleTV

No1_Dave

VIP Member
personally always download the "complete disc", so I get all the special features, soundtracks & subs etc.

the most convenient way to play the downloaded "complete disc" movies (BD, 3D, UHD 4k etc,), you'll need to invest in a proper multimedia player, there are many options out there now in 2018, I use something like the Zidoo X9S. These multimedia players treat the downloaded files like a disc, for most titles they can even load the disc menu, so you get pretty much the full disc playback experience, and HDR, Atmos etc all work the player can passthrough them to your AVR.

just copy/move the "complete disc" files onto a portable HDD or flash drive, plug it into the Zidoo X9S's usb3.0 port, and play, simple as that, no need the hassle/time to convert files or burn discs.

huy30

❤ VIP Lifetime ❤
I already have the hardware (PC). I just need the software that can handle UHD folders. For now, I just use MakeMKV to convert UHD folder to MKV (take less than 10 minutes), so I am OK for now. Since I already wasted my money on DVDFab Player 5 Ultra, I don't want to invest in another sw or hw right now.

deucelee

VIP Member
Hey guys, trying to use DVD Fab. I'm able to open up the folder and start playing. There is HUGE, HUGE lag issue though. What's going on? My desktop has a GTX 1070. Some setting issues? other? thx

chinkw1

At this moment, which is best or good media player to play 4K iso, 4K mkv, 4K Bd folder and can output bitstream DTSX and Atmos?

ZIDOO Z10 can play all those + menus ?

Last edited: