Onkyo4k Online Sharing Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to Extract file TST?

XuanXit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Figured it out, you can only select the first item of each group of tst/rar files. If you select multiple (from the same group of files) and then extract, it will double extract.

On all other Winrar files (including your releases), this does not happen, only on these tst files. But easy enough to avoid.
If you select multiple and then extract --> Just choice: No to all

It will then show you a warning, but it's not a problem of concern

just ignore it.

Ultra

VIP Member
If you select multiple and then extract --> Just choice: No to all
It will then show you a warning, but it's not a problem of concern
just ignore it.
I know I can ignore it, but the question is why it does ask to overwrite... this shouldn't happen on proper archives. Also, as I've seen this in the past on different archives (not from you), that the multiple versions of the same file can have different file sizes (e.g. one with 120Kb and another with 1GB), so simply choosing "no to all" may end up with an extraction with incorrect files. Real question is, why your new archives do that.

Or avoid all of this, by choosing just the first file of each archive.

XuanXit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I know I can ignore it, but the question is why it does ask to overwrite... this shouldn't happen on proper archives. Also, as I've seen this in the past on different archives (not from you), that the multiple versions of the same file can have different file sizes (e.g. one with 120Kb and another with 1GB), so simply choosing "no to all" may end up with an extraction with incorrect files. Real question is, why your new archives do that.

Or avoid all of this, by choosing just the first file of each archive.
I don't know, but if you change .tst = .rar there will be no problem.
because you don't want to change name .tst then It will then show you a warning, but it's not a problem of concern, just ignore it.
that's all I can know.

Ultra

VIP Member
I don't know, but if you change .tst = .rar there will be no problem.
because you don't want to change name .tst then It will then show you a warning, but it's not a problem of concern, just ignore it.
that's all I can know.
I did rename the tst to rar prior to extracting, still double extracting.

no worries, only selecting the first file avoids it. easy enough.

Last edited:

Ghost

VIP Member
I believe the tst files are for security reasons so the files stay longer. I don't mind going through this new process if the files are available for a longer period of time. It's actually not that complicated.
- You do step #1 once to associate tst files with WinRAR program
- You do step #2 once to save the preset like I explained in my post above
- Finally, once all tst files are downloaded for a movie all you need to do is run the renamer program to rename all files from tst to rar and unzip using the usual pwd
Thanks for the keeping the instruction simple. It was very easy to do in a matter of seconds.

numerouno

VIP Member
Let's say I have 10 different movies. With winrar I could just do a search for "01.rar" and it would pull up only the first file of each movie.

I would then highlight all 10, right click, and select "extract each file to a separate folder".

This saved me a ton of time, because I could extract a bunch of movies at a time versus sitting down and extracting one at a time.

My question is how can I do the same thing with your test files?

I have 20 movies downloaded and would like to extract them in bulk instead of one at a time.

Let me know if there is any way to do this.

XuanXit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Let's say I have 10 different movies. With winrar I could just do a search for "01.rar" and it would pull up only the first file of each movie.

I would then highlight all 10, right click, and select "extract each file to a separate folder".

This saved me a ton of time, because I could extract a bunch of movies at a time versus sitting down and extracting one at a time.

My question is how can I do the same thing with your test files?

I have 20 movies downloaded and would like to extract them in bulk instead of one at a time.

Let me know if there is any way to do this.

simply rename all files " .tst " = " .rar " & " .asty " = " .part "

because it's a rar file by nature

My question is how can I do the same thing with your test files? --> No, It's rar file, I just change name " .part " = " .asty " & " .rar " = " .tst "

Your job is very simple, just rename all the files

kaminar

VIP Member
Was using Advanced Renamer for years, but had never needed it for extensions...thank you, it works perfectly!

7-zip is my current app of choice for compression/extraction. With 7-zip, no need to add .tst to list. Simply use Advanced Renamer to change .tst to .rar, then extract. Et voilà!

-=K=-

numerouno

VIP Member
simply rename all files " .tst " = " .rar " & " .asty " = " .part "

because it's a rar file by nature

My question is how can I do the same thing with your test files? --> No, It's rar file, I just change name " .part " = " .asty " & " .rar " = " .tst "

Your job is very simple, just rename all the files

Thanks