Onkyo4k Online Sharing Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to Extract file TST?

XuanXit

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's file rar, I just change name .rar = .tst
For change extension on mac:
For windows:
1. Open your Winrar software --> Crt+S --> Click "Integration" then add keywords "tst" in "User defined archive extensions" --> Ok

2. use Renamer sofware for rename all file " .tst " = " .rar " & " .asty " = " .part "

Renamer:
You need to reply to this in order to see this content.

Last edited:

overworked

VIP Member
Hi downloaded the renamer software but could not find the second window to add and rename the files.
Can someone help? Thanks

Ghost

VIP Member
Hi downloaded the renamer software but could not find the second window to add and rename the files.
Can someone help? Thanks
Hi Overworked.
After downloading the ReNamer folder. Open Folder. You should see the ReNamer application (2435 kb). Double click app. After opening you should see on the top Left ReNamer [by den4b].
followed right below that File tab ,Add files, and +add. (rules)
click on +add tab. Another window will open up just like the 2nd example on top.. Hope this helps. This old guy is also trying to learn this new software.

Sleeman

VIP Member
Also, Step #2, renaming doesn't have to be repeated everytime. The first time you do it, save it as a"Preset". Every subsequent time just load the Preset, preview and rename.

overworked

VIP Member
Well noted. Silly me. I downloaded the folder but kept on looking at the Winrar apps to find the add page!!! haha talk abt old man.
Thank you Ghost, Sleeman and Xuanxit.

Sleeman

VIP Member
I believe the tst files are for security reasons so the files stay longer. I don't mind going through this new process if the files are available for a longer period of time. It's actually not that complicated.
- You do step #1 once to associate tst files with WinRAR program
- You do step #2 once to save the preset like I explained in my post above
- Finally, once all tst files are downloaded for a movie all you need to do is run the renamer program to rename all files from tst to rar and unzip using the usual pwd

Ultra

VIP Member ★
what I noticed is that when I rename tst to rar and then extract the files, WInrar at the very end wants to extract the same files again and asks to overwrite the existing files...

why is that ? why is it trying to double extract the new files ?

XuanXit

Super Moderator
Staff member
what I noticed is that when I rename tst to rar and then extract the files, WInrar at the very end wants to extract the same files again and asks to overwrite the existing files...

why is that ? why is it trying to double extract the new files ?

send me the thread you downloaded, let me check it out

Ultra

VIP Member ★
send me the thread you downloaded, let me check it out

it happened on multiple DLs, but here's an example:

Code:
https://onkyo4k.com/threads/death-wish-ii-1982-1080p-blu-ray-avc-dts-hd-ma-2-0-hdforever.206405/

which version of Winrar are you using to create the files ?

Thx

XuanXit

Super Moderator
Staff member
it happened on multiple DLs, but here's an example:

Code:
https://onkyo4k.com/threads/death-wish-ii-1982-1080p-blu-ray-avc-dts-hd-ma-2-0-hdforever.206405/

which version of Winrar are you using to create the files ?

Thx

You can see, I don't have problem ==> problem come from you.

Ultra

VIP Member ★
You can see, I don't have problem ==> problem come from you.

Figured it out, you can only select the first item of each group of tst/rar files. If you select multiple (from the same group of files) and then extract, it will double extract.

On all other Winrar files (including your releases), this does not happen, only on these tst files. But easy enough to avoid.