Onkyo4k Online Sharing Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to download from Google driver? - Google driver unlimited

4.00 star(s)
1 Vote

Zandig

VIP Member
Saving hard drive space by clearing Google Drive's content_cache:

Your Google Drive folder (hard drive space) can grow very rapidly if you never clear the cache. Hundreds of gigabytes worth if you don't keep an eye on it.
There is no way to clear the cache with the software, and googling how to clear the cache gives confusing and unneeded steps.

I usually clear my cache after every few downloads. The cache is only a copy of what you have already downloaded.
Here is a pic of the properties of my /Google Drive/ folder after clearing the cache:

To easily clear the cache:

- Delete all the folders inside the /content_cache/ folder which is located inside your /Google Drive/ folder.
For example, my /Google Drive/ folder is located on my D: drive:
D:\Google Drive\546022287690366772895\content_cache

- Highlight all the folders inside the /content cache/ folder and delete them:

Ross_R

2) In Windows file explorer open the Google Drive, then open the Shared folder.

*** This part was a bit tricky as I kept getting the error message:
"Insufficient system resources" while scanning the files on the Shared drive.
After a several attempts, and some time, the Shared drive finally opened.
This should be somewhere in the first post... I'm having troubles with it right now. Wonder when it will go away.
Heck, why we can't just use the browser? It all works so fine in the browser...
But, overall, smooth job @XuanXit
Thank you very much for running this site.

Last edited:

hanf22

This should be somewhere in the first post... I'm having troubles with it right now. Wonder when it will go away.
Heck, why we can't just use the browser? It all works so fine in the browser...
But, overall, smooth job @XuanXit
Thank you very much for running this site.
It usually only appears in the first 15 minutes while google drive is loading after logging in for the first time on a new PC

Ross_R

It usually only appears in the first 15 minutes while google drive is loading after logging in for the first time on a new PC
Yea, I've figured once I've read the thread, but it is very confusing. I was pretty sure there was some kind of error on my PC.

Can anyone that has this working offer one simple (that I can understand) instruction.

After installing the app (Windows), what is the next step to get to see a shared folder?

hoss

VIP Member
Has anyone gotten this to work with a Mac?

I've followed the instructions but the shared folder never loads in the finder explorer. It just sits on "Loading..." for hours

hooterville

VIP Member
After I installed the Google Drive FileStreamer software, I do not see any "Shared Drive" listing, just an empty "My Drive" folder. When I click on the "Shared with me" link, it says "Nothing has been shared with you yet."

What am I doing wrong?

XuanXit

Super Moderator
Staff member

Blurayman313

VIP Member
Hi, XuanXit, Thanks for sharing the method. On my side, I can only share one file at a time. If I select all the files, the share button is grayed out. Any solution?

XuanXit

Super Moderator
Staff member