Onkyo4k Online Sharing Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to download from Google driver? - Google driver unlimited

4.00 star(s)
1 Vote

XuanXit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes. As I said, I followed that and it only extracted part 1 as its own file, leaving the other parts.

Unlike when downloading with the proper extension from the start where it joined them just fine.

Any Mac users have a solution?
Maybe it's the same as your problem:

mercadonegro

Compartir es la clave
I've donated before, now I'm going to do it again. I like this system and will see how it works. Thank you.
Translated by Google. God Google.

He donado antes, ahora voy a hacerlo de nuevo. Me gusta este sistema y veré como funciona. Muchas gracias.
Traducido por Google. Dios Google.

techno_monk

VIP Member ★
Hey XuanXit — do you happen to know of any problems with using QNAP HybridMount? It's working smoothly but wondering if this may later cause you (or me) any problems.

Fusebox777

VIP Member
Yes. As I said, I followed that and it only extracted part 1 as its own file, leaving the other parts.

Unlike when downloading with the proper extension from the start where it joined them just fine.

Any Mac users have a solution?
I use Keka. I associate the .tst files with it and it extracts them directly with no name changes.

Zandig

VIP Member
Just tried this method for the first time and it worked well.

Here are the steps:

1) Download and install the Google Drive software.

This will assign a new Google Drive letter to your PC.
You can change this drive letter to whatever you want in the Google Drive software preferences.

2) In Windows file explorer open the Google Drive, then open the Shared folder.

*** You may get this error message the first time while scanning the Shared folder:
"Insufficient system resources while scanning the files on the Shared drive."

Even though you may get this error, let it keep running. It will complete after about 15 minutes.
After the initial scan is successful you will no longer see this error.

3) Do a search in Windows file explorer in the Shared drive for the files you want.
4) Highlight the files, right-click and select "Copy"
5) "Paste" the files in your folder of choice on your PC.
This will download the files from the Shared drive directly to your PC folder.

A tip if you want (I always prefer a clean system):

I disabled the Google Drive software starting with Windows.
You can do this, and other preferred settings, in the Google Drive software preferences.

Whenever I want to use the Shared Drive I just run the Google Drive installed software,
then when done with what I need to do, QUIT the Google Drive software, which also
removes the Google Drive assigned drive letter from your PC.

Hope this helps!

Edit: Step #2 updated with the information provided by XuanXit in the post below.

Last edited:

XuanXit

Super Moderator
Staff member
2) In Windows file explorer open the Google Drive, then open the Shared folder.

*** This part was a bit tricky as I kept getting the error message:
"Insufficient system resources" while scanning the files on the Shared drive.
After a several attempts, and some time, the Shared drive finally opened.
Not sure what caused this, but it seems to open fine now after the initial scan was successful.

This only happens once when you first log in on your computer, because our data is very large so it takes a long time to update files (usually it takes about 15 minutes to update).

Google drive is a great solution for us. Everything I upload to Google from last year works fine. (other hosting can't do)
For me long-term data storage is the deciding factor for differentiating from other forums.

Momolamitraille

VIP Member ★
Did you made any change on the limit we can download daily? I'm asking that because I ran several times on you exceeded your quota for the day since January 1st. As of today, I'm exceeding my quota and when I'm checking my balance I'm at 193 Gb on the first drive and 194.6 Gb on the second drive. If that is the case maybe let us know in the OP because it is still stating 700 Gb. If it is not, it might be worth investigating. I'm surely not the only one in that situation.

XuanXit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Did you made any change on the limit we can download daily? I'm asking that because I ran several times on you exceeded your quota for the day since January 1st. As of today, I'm exceeding my quota and when I'm checking my balance I'm at 193 Gb on the first drive and 194.6 Gb on the second drive. If that is the case maybe let us know in the OP because it is still stating 700 Gb. If it is not, it might be worth investigating. I'm surely not the only one in that situation.

If you have any account issues please contact me via email so I can assist. This is not the place to solve a problem.

heathen3017

VIP Member
I've installed the Google Drive as requested, but your instructional video makes absolutely zero sense. Will need some assistance please.

Zandig

VIP Member
I've installed the Google Drive as requested, but your instructional video makes absolutely zero sense. Will need some assistance please.

moronski

VIP Member
Thank you for the Google Drive solution! It actually works better than I thought, although there are a few more steps involved.

Interestingly, I am able to use my browser to D/L files *and* can even use JDownloader to do the same. But setting up JD to work with Google Drive is much more complicated -- just follow JD's instructions.

The only thing I noticed is that a lot of files are not backed up on G-D.

Thanks for all your hard work!!! <3

hanf22

VIP Member ★
Thank you for the Google Drive solution! It actually works better than I thought, although there are a few more steps involved.

Interestingly, I am able to use my browser to D/L files *and* can even use JDownloader to do the same. But setting up JD to work with Google Drive is much more complicated -- just follow JD's instructions.

The only thing I noticed is that a lot of files are not backed up on G-D.

Thanks for all your hard work!!! <3
technically downloading in the browser may work but you're not supposed to do it like that (as is mentioned in the thread I think)
to anybody reading this please only use the google drive application
it just takes a few minutes to load up the drive once you sign in for the first time

Last edited:

moronski

VIP Member
technically downloading in the browser may work but you're not supposed to do it like that (as is mentioned in the thread I think)
to anybody reading this please only use the google drive application
it just takes a few minutes to load up the drive once you sign in for the first time
You are correct that it was mentioned that you're not *supposed to* use G-D like that, but that's actually how G-D has always worked since its inception. That includes all the other Google apps like Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Classroom, etc. which are *by design* supposed to work with a brower. ;)

Installing the desktop version of G-D would indeed be very convenient. Just be careful with your settings to (A) not allow someone else to see your G-D drive content and (B) not to accidentally change the settings where you would constantly sync your hard drive content with G-D and vice versa; that will kill your available download capacity if your download amount is limited! :D

hanf22

VIP Member ★
You are correct that it was mentioned that you're not *supposed to* use G-D like that, but that's actually how G-D has always worked since its inception. That includes all the other Google apps like Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Classroom, etc. which are *by design* supposed to work with a brower. ;)

Installing the desktop version of G-D would indeed be very convenient. Just be careful with your settings to (A) not allow someone else to see your G-D drive content and (B) not to accidentally change the settings where you would constantly sync your hard drive content with G-D and vice versa; that will kill your available download capacity if your download amount is limited! :D
I think we're not supposed to do it cause Google might flag the account or something like that?

ez009

VIP Member ★
Hey Xuan, as the share drive has been getting larger, I've started running very into long delays or 'freezes' when searching the shared folder lately (Win11).
It is still working, but my system seems to be struggling. Explorer will sometimes freeze up for 10 minutes.
I'm wondering if you were to create subfolders (by date, month?) - If that might reduce the stress of scanning 240,000 items at the root.
Just a thought.

hanf22

VIP Member ★
Hey Xuan, as the share drive has been getting larger, I've started running very into long delays or 'freezes' when searching the shared folder lately (Win11).
It is still working, but my system seems to be struggling. Explorer will sometimes freeze up for 10 minutes.
I'm wondering if you were to create subfolders (by date, month?) - If that might reduce the stress of scanning 240,000 items at the root.
Just a thought.
doesn't happen to me
maybe it's because windows 11 is shit? :D
or maybe your PC is too slow

ez009

VIP Member ★
doesn't happen to me
maybe it's because windows 11 is shit? :D
or maybe your PC is too slow

My PC is insanely fast. water cooled rig. It's possible that Win 11 needs some tweaks.
Also, I have a 100TB unraid server, with mapped shares I access through Win explorer. I've disabled windows search indexing.
I've cleared the Google drive cache. I'm double checking to exclude anti-virus interference.
If I'm only one experiencing this issue - that's good to know. Must be something specific to my situation.

XuanXit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just a thought.
Of course that's not possible

moronski

VIP Member
My PC is insanely fast. water cooled rig. It's possible that Win 11 needs some tweaks.
Also, I have a 100TB unraid server, with mapped shares I access through Win explorer. I've disabled windows search indexing.
I've cleared the Google drive cache. I'm double checking to exclude anti-virus interference.
If I'm only one experiencing this issue - that's good to know. Must be something specific to my situation.
I do agree with you that searches on G-D through Win Explorer is significantly slower than if you were to use your browser! That's my main reason to avoid Win Explorer. However, so far, Win Explorer has not shown any long-term lockups like your 10-minute freezes. What would happen if you were to start Windows in safe mode and check your speed then? Any differences?

BTW, my rig is "only" a Ryzen 3950X w/ 64 GB and RTX 3060 for encodings under Win10...

ez009

VIP Member ★
I do agree with you that searches on G-D through Win Explorer is significantly slower than if you were to use your browser! That's my main reason to avoid Win Explorer. However, so far, Win Explorer has not shown any long-term lockups like your 10-minute freezes. What would happen if you were to start Windows in safe mode and check your speed then? Any differences?

BTW, my rig is "only" a Ryzen 3950X w/ 64 GB and RTX 3060 for encodings under Win10...
I will try that. For now - I'm simply not using search in Win Explorer.
When I just click on the share drive, the list populates fine and I can rapidly scroll through the files and find what I'm looking for manually.

Googling shows the "search freeze" is a common windows issue for many. There were 2 suggestions that seemed to work for some people:
1 was disable the 'show details pane' in win explorer
another was to tick "don't use the index" under explorer>folder options> search tab

neither of these seemed to resolve my issue completely and I got tired of troubleshooting it, so I'm just scrolling manually for now.
If I find a solution down the road, I'll post the info here.