Onkyo4k Online Sharing Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to play Blu-ray & 4k Disc

personally always download the "complete disc", so I get all the special features, soundtracks & subs etc.

the most convenient way to play the downloaded "complete disc" movies (BD, 3D, UHD 4k etc,), you'll need to invest in a proper multimedia player, there are many options out there now in 2018, I use something like the Zidoo X9S. These multimedia players treat the downloaded files like a disc, for most titles they can even load the disc menu, so you get pretty much the full disc playback experience, and HDR, Atmos etc all work the player can passthrough them to your AVR.

just copy/move the "complete disc" files onto a portable HDD or flash drive, plug it into the Zidoo X9S's usb3.0 port, and play, simple as that, no need the hassle/time to convert files or burn discs.

huy30

❤ VIP Lifetime ❤
I already have the hardware (PC). I just need the software that can handle UHD folders. For now, I just use MakeMKV to convert UHD folder to MKV (take less than 10 minutes), so I am OK for now. Since I already wasted my money on DVDFab Player 5 Ultra, I don't want to invest in another sw or hw right now.

Hey guys, trying to use DVD Fab. I'm able to open up the folder and start playing. There is HUGE, HUGE lag issue though. What's going on? My desktop has a GTX 1070. Some setting issues? other? thx