Hi All, if you enjoy browsing this site, please consider sending in a donation to help us pay for our monthly server costs. Thank you so much!
>> <<

Note: Support to buy cheap uploaded.net [UL] account -40% off

If my site is down, then I'll update the latest news in here: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100014112668002

How to play Blu-ray & 4k Disc

Discussion in 'Your HD playroom' started by XuanXit, Dec 16, 2017.

1. XuanXit

XuanXit Super Moderators

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
    utshiha likes this.
  2. Thanksforsharing

Thanksforsharing Member

First question.
    I currently still struggle to play 4K UHD movies iso/folder. I don't care if it's HTPCs, UHD players, or android boxes. Just tell/show us how you currently play your 4K UHD movies iso/folder.
    Thanks and I appreciate it.

Delias likes this.
  3. Mumakil

Mumakil Member

Hi,

I'm using a Zidoo X9S for play 4K movies. I
    I transform ISO formats into REMUX. But the Zidoo can read ISO formats.

Delias and XuanXit like this.
  4. XuanXit

XuanXit Super Moderators

I ear and read about Zappiti, i don't have one, but many people give it an excellent review.

5. Sleeman

Sleeman VIP Members

I copy the the entire UHD folder to an external hard drive, connect it to my Oppo UHD player via USB. I am able to play all the movies I got from here this way except kick-ass.

hungary likes this.
  6. utshiha

utshiha Blu-ray vs 4K

guys wait me I will show u the way the best way soon as possible

actionjack and XuanXit like this.
  7. Mumakil

Mumakil Member

it's a good multimedia platform too.
    The difference is especially at the level of the multimedia manager.
    Zappeti uses its own manager, while Zidoo uses ZDMC (slightly modified SPMC or KODI). It's nice for those who already know Kodi.
    After this is just a personal opinion, but the image quality of the Zidoo is beautiful.
    And there is a very good follow-up of Team Zidoo, concerning the firmwares .....

After it is mostly a personal choice and certainly a question of use that we want to make ...

Thanksforsharing and XuanXit like this.
  8. metal08

metal08 Member

Really? I thought Oppo player cannot play BD iso/folder so I presume it cannot handle UHD folder as well.
    Hmm, I will give it a try somehow.

9. Helder

Helder New Member

I'm also using the Oppo UDP-203 with a external HD connected to the back USB input. Plays UHD folders perfectly and it can handle Dolby Vision movies.

10. Malevolo

Malevolo VIP Members

Hi,
    Can anyone know how can i burn the UHD Bluray titles onto a BD-XL for playback later on standalone uhd players?
    thank you...
    P.S. i already try with imgburn and it can't burn triple layer...

11. technomad

technomad Member

Zappiti is good but their animation/transition not so good
    They had beautiful database and can read blu-ray menu with native player not something like Kodi, RKMC. SPMC etc

Zidoo and Himedia is good too, they are offering Android OS, just in case u wanna stream Youtube
    Popcorn Hour A500 really good for media player because Dolby Atmos & DTS X audio passthrough and nice soundcard (Sabre) but I'm not sure with 4K capability

my reference is reviewer at cnx software, roberto jorge, redskull
    u can googling it

12. utshiha

utshiha Blu-ray vs 4K

13. MovieFreak1974

MovieFreak1974 VIP Members

The cheap lg 4k blu ray player does this flawlessly also. Believe its the 870 model. It just came out for the holidays. It has to be the stream file. Will not work with remux's of 4k. Blu ray remux's yes, 4k remux no. The raw files play as if the disc was inserted. It can be bought for $99. Worth every penny.

14. Kratos_3

Kratos_3 New Member

Playing UHD movies with HTPC made of Windows 10 with Kaby Lake Pentium G6420 with GTX 1050TI.
    Running with MPC-HC + MadVR all movies running like a charm

TWISE, tommyiii and gringott like this.
  15. MotaPsycho7

MotaPsycho7 VIP Members

I don't have 4k set up.. but I do play bluray files off external HD. The bluray player I use is oldskool (sony bdps580) which is cinavia free just so long as I don't update to latest firmware on it. I have it updated to the firmware w/o the cinavia that they tried to push out. I believe this is the last sony bluray player that doesn't come w/ cinavia built into it.

I download the full BD onto external HD, and move the bdmv folder up to top level. I plug in the external HD to usb connection of the bluray player, and it see's it as a bluray.

If the file I download is ISO, then I just use ISObuster software to copy the BDMV to external HD and do the same.

One good thing about having it on external HD is you can just delete the movie if you think its crap =) This way I don't have spindles of disc lying around.

OR you can just use hdmi from your computer to reciever to play the file if you are lazy. I use the latest CCCP codec and use MPC-HC to play. I use this to play mostly anime.

Delias likes this.